Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Making puddles

Last night, Jenn and I had a stepping marathon at the fitness center. While I was in Tennessee, Jenn discovered that reading while stepping helps pass the time. Before heading out to the fitness centerer, she asked if it was okay for her to bring her book along. So I grabbed the iPod shuffle (a wonderful Valentine's gift from my sweetheart) and we headed out to own the stepping machines. Jenn dove into her book, and I decided go all out on the stepper. Soon the puddles formed below the machine. They were the biggest puddles yet. Actually, the puddles really have nothing to do with the post but they were impressive nonetheless.

Chris Tomlin's Arriving is one the the CDs that is on the shuffle. He is a great singer, and I have been listening to this CD while running. Lat night, I kept playing "The Way I Was Made" over and over again. These lyrics capture so much about who I want to be.

"The Way I Was Made"


Caught in the half-light, I'm caught alone
Waking up to the sunrise and the radio
Feels like I'm tied up, what's holding me?
Just praying today will be the day I go free

I want to live like there's no tomorrow
I want to dance like no one's around
I want to sing like nobody's listening
Before I lay my body down
I want to give like I have plenty
I want to love like I'm not afraid
I want to be the man I was meant to be
I want to be the way I was made

Made in Your likeness, made with Your hands
Made to discover who You are and who I am
All I've forgotten help me to find
All that You've promised let it be in my life

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Todd, I read the words to that song and the first thing I thought was that IS you! You may not realize it but you already do or are those things. I see it all the time.