Saturday, January 16, 2010

Strands


Earlier this week, I received a PowerPoint presentation from Matt, one of my colleague at the Bremen facility. In the presentation, he included this statement, "Copper is symbolic." Of course, a statement like this piqued my interested and I replied back, "What do you mean?"

His response:

"Copper [wire] is symbolic because… we are all strands. Individually we are not much use and can become entangled with one another creating more problems and hassles. If we stick together as a “bunch," we can do GREAT things. But, if one of use is not in unison and strays from the bunch, things may not go as smoothly as they could."

This analogy was on my mind the entire week. I shared it in the shift meetings and we are going to post at the multi-wires with the corresponding corporate core value.

Let's do great things!



No comments: