Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stables

As my dad noted this weekend, the blog posts have been a bit sparse as of late. Two reasons for this are adjusting to a new schedule this fall and less accessibility to the Internet. Honestly, I kind of miss this a bit because writing offers this outlet to organize and offload thoughts into written words. For me, though, as soon as some thoughts leave, other ones usually take their place.

This holiday season, though, one image remained persistent in my mind. It has yet to escape. It the image of a stable. As previously discussed, I had a strong desire to visit the manger during the Holy Walk in Bremen. Yet, I turned away. About two weeks later, I was in my basement abode and saw The Chronicles of Narnia and felt a tug to finish reading them.

I start the last book. Shortly thereafter, I am reading about a stable.

Queen Lucy insightfully shared, "In our world too, a Stable once had something inside it that was bigger than our whole world."

The past few days have included some times of reflection. This of course included thoughts and images from work. As I was thinking about our facility, the smells, the grunginess, and the frigid drafts began to morph into something else. I was walking through the plant - basically feeling sorry for myself. Then, after a period of time, I was no longer walking through a plant but was walking through a stable filled with smells, grunginess, and frigid drafts.

Is there something bigger inside these stables?

No comments: